Re: [VHFcontesting] Hail Damage to antennas

To: glenn.pearson@earthlink.net, VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Hail Damage to antennas
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:20:29 EDT

I have no experience with hail damage, but if you need to hire a person to
climb the tower in order to evaluate things, the cost of the climb will be more
 than the cost of a new antenna.  It would be cost effective to just  replace
the antenna with a single climb. I hope your insurance company would
understand.

Given the tolerances at 1296 MHz, damage to the antenna by hail would seem
likely.

73  -  Jim  K8MR

In a message dated 7/17/2008 12:36:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,