Re: [VHFcontesting] Transverters for Dummies

To: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Transverters for Dummies
From: Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 15:02:53 -0600
David Erickson wrote:

> So I'd suggest you go back and talk to the guy who graciously loaned you
> his 2304 transverter and ask him if it has the 10 watt attentuator or not.

Actually just ask him where the manual is.

DEMI provides a nice paper manual with all of the options installed at
ship/repair time cirled in red pen, with notes on any custom options.

Then ask him if he messed with it after getting it from them.

The manuals for my DEMI's are locked up in the ham shack, and if I ever
sold them or loaned them out, at least a COPY of them would have gone
with the Xverter to the person getting it so they have all the answers
to their questions -- right there.

See if he has his original and make a copy, if nothing else...  :-)

Nate WY0X