Re: [VHFcontesting] distance scoring

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] distance scoring
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 16:00:30 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Sat, 6/21/08, James Duffey <JamesDuffey@comcast.net> wrote:
> So...would you like to have a "summer sprint"
> with software that already does all of the
> calculations for you and presents the results
> on a realtime Internet scoreboard?
> I would love this. How would you handle rovers? HF
> connection by way of packet or win-link? - Duffey

Internet and real-time scoreboarding is an option, not a requirement. If there
is no Internet connection at the station, then one simply gets a logging system
that does both DX-based and Zone-based scoring.

It is a b-a-s-i-c logging system with only two features: Dupe checking (no
super check partial!) and Grid4 heat mapping.  That last feature displays a
world-wide map, with Grid4's displayed. When you work a Grid4 (even if you're
exchanging Grid6), it colors it in. As you work more stations in that grid, the
shading changes.

See some events, historically at http://www.RFSport.com

There's more cool stuff built-in, but this is a good "tickler". :)

Shall we have a Summer Sprint to test-fly DX-based scoring in North America?

Kind regards,
Ev, W2EV