[VHFcontesting] Penninger Products

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Penninger Products
From: specrisk@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:45:21 -0400
To the list-? I just received a Tipper Jr. from Charles Penninger. I have been
using his snap tube system of 2" aluminum for portable contesting for a couple
of years. I am attaching this new pivot device to my trailer hitch mounted on
the front and / or back of my Jeep. This is a very high quality device for a
reasonable price for getting 20 feet or more of masting up in the air quickly.
The snap tubes allow quick mating. Small sections of? tubing one or two feet
long can be left inserted into the rotor which can be removed in transit but
popped into place when you have reached your site. This now solves my ability
to have 2 masts attached to the vehicle in the front and back and be able to
remove them and transport them quickly and easily. The snap tubes come in a
variety of sizes from 2 to 6 feet and can be fitted with quick disconnects for
yagis? or parabolic dishes. If you are interested in rover or portable ops
Penninger makes some really great stuff.
George, W1JHR