Re: [VHFcontesting] Post-Contest Grid Square Queries

To: Sebastian <w4as@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Post-Contest Grid Square Queries
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 14:26:17 -0500 (CDT)
"Spotting assistance" is the use of a third party for station/frequency
info. PacketCluster is considered spotting assistance.  If you work
someone who is NOT Rover X and he says "Rover X is on 144.245", that's
spotting assistance.

The various Internet sked and QSO boards are considered spotting
assistance.

Making a sked with another station directly, on the air, at ANY time, is
NOT spotting assistance. Working up the bands is not spotting assistance.
Making a sked with someone via non-amateur radio means is permitted
BEFORE the contest or AFTER it (a lot of good the sked is going to do for
your contest score after the contest!)
:-)

Making a sked with another station directly via amateur radio during the
contest is permitted. So if Station A is running on 6m and Station B
wants to work Station A on all the other bands but doesn't want to
interfere with Station A's run, it's OK to say "Meet me on 144.260 at
0200Z and we can work up the bands."

73, Zack W9SZ