Re: [VHFcontesting] Portable in rare grid squares

To: kb8u vhf <kb8u_vhf@hotmail.com>, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Portable in rare grid squares
From: Tom Carney <tomc@carneysugai.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:21:50 -0700
kb8u vhf wrote:
> Check out the color-coded Fred Fish Memorial Award most-wanted
> grid square map I made based on the survey:
>
> http://www.merit.edu/~rjd/ffma.pdf
>
> Southern Santa Cruz, CM86 will make you popular.  If you're a hiker, CM79
> will make you VERY popular!

My QTH is about 30 minutes from CM86 and I operate as a rover from there
during most major VHF contest.  For this weekends SMIRK contest I'll
have the rover vehicle all set up and ready to go.  If I hear a band
open from home, I jump in the rover and drive over.  So if you hear
grids near here (CM97/87/96), look for me up around 50.175.

73,

Tom K6EU aka K6EU/M