Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] K9GTJ Contest Report

To: "Jim Hunt" <k9gtj@sbcglobal.net>, <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, "VHF Contest Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] K9GTJ Contest Report
From: "Bill Bailey, KG4NZR" <kg4nzr@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 09:53:44 -0400

From: "Jim Hunt" <k9gtj@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Wednesday, 18 June, 2008 8:59 AM
To: <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>; "VHF Contest Reflector"
<vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHF] K9GTJ Contest Report

> not pursued any grid squares for an award but think I have enough
> experience
> now to start collecting.  What is the best/official method to keep track?

Greetings from a native Hoosier.  I hope you are high and dry up there.

When I first began working on VUCC, I marked them off on a ARRL grid map and
maps I found on the internet for other countries.  When I started computer
logging, I discovered DXKeeper from DXLab which tracks DXCC, VUCC, USA-CA,
and other awards.

When you have enough confirmed grids to apply for VUCC, contact the ARRL
checker in your area about the paperwork they require.  Some checkers will
accept the lists generated by logging programs, such as DXKeeper, while
others will accept only the ARRL forms.

Bill Bailey, KG4NZR
Kissimmee, FL
Osceola County, Grid EL98hg