[VHFcontesting] Beko 400 watt Power Amp-Step Up Transformer Question

To: <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Beko 400 watt Power Amp-Step Up Transformer Question
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 18:46:16 -0500
Thanks for all the input on the amp. I opened the case and took a quick look at
the power supply. Nothing indicated that it could be converted for use with 120
VAC. Both the manual and the placard on the case indicated that 230VAC was
required as well.

One suggestion that I was received was to use a 1500 or 3000 watt "step up
transformer" to power the unit. If practical, this would be my choice. Just
don't have a need for a 220VAC plug in the shack at this point.

Any thoughts on how practical this solution might be? Want to have the amp
ready in time for September.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf