[VHFcontesting] kc0iyt/r schedule

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] kc0iyt/r schedule
From: Glen Overby <goverby@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 14, Jun, 2008 3:4:34 -0000
Despite the temptation to grab 6m & 2m, go to a remote grid and bet on 6m Es,
I'm going to load up all ten bands and hit the roads for the contest.  I'm
hoping to pick up 2 more grids towards CSVHFS VUCC-r.  My first June plan got
washed out, literally -- road reports early this week said that roads I was
planning to take were under water.  The waters have receeded, but I think
it's best to stay out of that area.  Plan #2 is to go to the grid corner near
Algona, IA.  Radio Mobile doesn't give me any reasons to believe I can't make
it back to the twin cities from that corner.

I'll start in EN32 & EN22 from Iowa, then nead north to Beauford, MN for EN23
& EN33.  This is closer to the twin cities, so I have a better chance of of
making QSOs.  If 6m opens and everyone abandons the "high bands", I'm likely
to stay at the Algona corner all day and circle around the 4 grids.

Sunday I'll go to the north side of Minneapolis to put 902-and-up on the air
from EN35, then it's west to the Winsted grid corner for EN24 & EN25.

The weather forcast has a chance of rain in it, but the temperatures are
forecast to be 90 to 100 degrees warmer than they were for my rove in January!

I'll use 144.235 as my home frequency, 50.170 on the 2nd rig (if I don't get
crowded out during an opening) and qsy to 222.135, 432.135 and near .100 on
902 and above.

                        (local time (CDT))
Where           Grid    Start   End
Home            EN34js          0900
Corwith, IA     EN32aw  1300    1430
Corwith, IA     EN22xw  1530    1700
Beauford, MN    EN23xw  2000    2100
Beauford, MN    EN33aw  2100    2200

Mini-apolis, MN EN35ja  1100    1230
Howard Lake, MN EN25wb  1430    1600
Lester PrarieMN EN24xu  1700    1830
South Metro     EN34    2000    2200

Saturday's route: http://tinyurl.com/5ayvdo
Sunday's route: http://tinyurl.com/3efgr9

My mobile antenna farm:
        6m      100W + dipole (up at 20' when stopped)
        144     175W + 7el/11.5dBi yagi
        222      25W + 5el/15.6dBi yagi
        432      35W + 15el/15.7dBi K1FO yagi
        902      20W + 18el/16.5dBi loop yagi