Re: [VHFcontesting] Yaesu FT-2000 on 6 meters

To: "'Tom W2MN'" <w2mn@earthlink.net>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Yaesu FT-2000 on 6 meters
From: "Jim Worsham" <wa4kxy@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 21:29:51 -0400
I have an FT2000 with the DMU2000 and I really like it.  I have used it
twice as the main 6 meter station at W4NH and it has kicked butt.  That
having been said, in retrospect I am starting to wish I had gotten the
756ProIII.  The reasons being 1) you have to buy two boxes (FT2000 and
DMU2000) to get the bandscope functionality that is inherent in the
756ProIII and is almost a must have for 6 meter contesting 2) Motorola
recently purchased Yaesu and I have doubts and concerns long term about the
availability of support (parts, etc.) for Yaesu amateur radio equipment.

73
Jim, W4KXY