[VHFcontesting] W1RT/R June plans

To: "VHF contesting list" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W1RT/R June plans
From: "John D'Ausilio" <jdausilio@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 12:37:56 -0400
OK .. enough stuff is working that I feel confident in announcing ...

The East Coast Grid Grinders will once again deploy (a new, improved,
MK3 version of) the Intergalactic Roving Battle Jitney for the contest
next week. Operators John W1RT and Xtof ON4IY look forward to working
you on all bands 50-10368Mhz.
Current plans call for an FM26 start south of Virginia Beach, then
16/17/27 from the CBBT, 28 from Deal Island, MD, 18 from Cambridge, MD
all on Saturday. A few hours of sleep and then FM19/29, and probably
FN10/20/21/30/31 on Sunday.
Hopefully we'll have better scheduling info next week.

The Jitney has been rebuilt from scratch into a new(er) vehicle after
the original '88 astro spent time underwater last October in the 100
year flood that hit southwestern CT. Hopefully the '00 Safari
(extended cargo AWD!) will provide many years of grid grinding for
Xtof and I. You can see raw photos of the rebuild at
http://w1rt.us/rover .. I'm working on getting them into a
wordpress/gallery setup with captions and stuff, but you can get an
idea of what the process was like ..

We'll post final plans and schedule a couple of days before the 'test ..

de w1rt/john