[VHFcontesting] CQ Boston area

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CQ Boston area
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 11:28:50 -0700
     Normally, I'd operate the ARRL June VHF QSO Party from a multi-limited
here in STX, but this year I will be in the Boston area during the weekend
of the contest visiting family.  My father-in-law has sometimes expressed
an interest in ham radio, and has some familiarity with its utility in
weather spotting.  Are there any multi-ops in the Boston area that would
tolerate tourists during the contest?  We have other commitments during the
weekend, and there's a strong chance we wouldn't show up, but if he was
interested, I'd love to show him a VHF contest. I don't want to handicap a
competitive group, though...

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com