Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Amps

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Amps
From: Bill Dzurilla <billdz.geo@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 05:58:46 -0700 (PDT)
Tony,

The 6155/4 is by far the best bang for the buck and
the mod is not difficult, but just be warned that this
amp is big and heavy.  You can often find them for
much less than the $300 paid by Dana.  I have seen
them for under $200.

73, Bill NZ5N

> Dana,
> Is the Mod easily done on 222 or is it deep,
> Does it have a internal relay or do I need to use a
external relay
> for T/R
>
> Tony
> NN1D

look for a
> AM-6155/4.  I paid about $300 for my 6155.  3W in
yields about 325W
> out and it's not breaking a sweat.  Probably more
power than you were