[VHFcontesting] KK6MC/r in 6M Spring Sprint

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, RMVHF+ <rmvhf@rmvhf.org>, KD4HCR Bob <captbob2o2004@yahoo.com>, Bill W5WVO <w5wvo@cybermesa.net>, W5GZ@arrl.net, WB5LJO@K5WPH.org, WB2KFO WB2KFO <mike@sportscliche.com>, K7ICW@arrl.net, W7CS Chuck Smallhouse <w7cs@theriver.com>, W6RQR Robert L Lasso <rlasso@zianet.com>, W6NMX Don <earlgrey@fastermac.net>, n2ic@arrl.net, DIck <k5rhr@ieee.org>, Jim W0EEA <w0eea@w0eea.com>, N5JEH N5JEH <aesitt@spinn.net>, N7KA@comcast.net, WA0QJE@earthlink.net, NS5K NS5K <NS5K@arrl.net>, W5ZF W5ZF <w6bct@yahoo.com>, K5CO Bob <hamcallK5co@aol.com>, K5AM Mark <k5am@zianet.com>, KG5VI KG5VI <dougp@zianet.com>, NK5W NK5W <nk5w@yahoo.com>, WA7JTM WA7JTM <pscolla@qwest.net>, KE5HHU <rich@layzdaze.com>, K C5EFM <aragon_ar@aps.edu>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KK6MC/r in 6M Spring Sprint
From: James Duffey <JamesDuffey@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 19:47:20 -0600
I will be on Saturday May 10th for the 2008 6M spring Sprint, 2300Z,
to 0300 Z. Look for me.

Virginia is out of town with the normal rover vehicle, so I will have
to outfit the old 4Runner for this effort. Good thing the contest is
Saturday evening. I am still not quite sure how I will do this.

The location and schedule will be much the same as for the 2M spring
sprint:

DM74 2300Z to 0000Z
DM75 0030Z to 0130Z
DM65 0200z to 0230z

If we get some good propagation, I may stay longer at a grid square.
Or if activity wanes, I may leave early. But I will try to meet the
schedule I have set and stay at least 45 minutes at each square. I
should be able to work into Colorado from here as well as down to Las
Cruces. If the calling frequency gets busy I will QSY up.

The rig is an IC551D (75 Watts) to a 2 element Yagi up 14 feet. This
will be about 24 dBW EIRP if you want to do the calculations. I will
have CW for weak signals.

The Sporadic E season has started so there is a small but finite,
maybe 15% to 20%, chance of Sporadic E.
Please listen  for me. Thanks for your time and good luck in the
sprint. - Duffey

KK6MC
James Duffey
Cedar Crest NM