Re: [VHFcontesting] software for the sprints contest

To: "John Geiger" <n5ten@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] software for the sprints contest
From: "David Erickson" <erickson+vhf@mentis.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 13:30:39 -0400 (EDT)
>From the spring sprint rules:

Grid-square locator - PLEASE EXCHANGE and LOG SIX-Character Grid Locators
where possible. Correct exchange of FOUR-Character Grid Locator is the
minimum requirement for a valid contact but we'd REALLY like to see
SIX-Character locators exchanged and recorded in the submitted logs.
-----

I think the intent here was to encourage people to know their 6-digit grid
square.  Most people do but there are still some that don't and it makes
pointing the beams in the rover alot easier if we know where to find you
;-)  As you can see it is not a requirement to have the 6-digit grid.

73's
Dave W3DIO
http://www.w3dio.org/