Re: [VHFcontesting] Contesting ethics for rovers

To: <kb7dqh@donobi.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Contesting ethics for rovers
From: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:37:34 +0000
Hmmm indeed.. Here's what the current "rover rules" say.. (I just copied this
off the ARRL web page):

3.3.6. Rover operators may submit separate logs for single operator
(fixed station) in addition to their rover entries. Rovers submitting a
score for inclusion in a club competition must also include a secondary
summary sheet indicating the portion of the score that counts for the
club score if any of the QSOs submitted take place outside of their
club's territory.

So it seems a rover at any rate can submit 2 logs.. That does NOT however say a
fixed station operator can submit a log from two fixed stations in different
grids.

Of course, K4GUN, who made the original post, has already said "he ain't gonna
do it", so this is just a lot of speculation and talk, but I suppose it shows
we're paying attention!

bill, K1DY