Re: [VHFcontesting] Icom 7000 vs other HF/VHF/UHF rigs

To: VHFContesting Remailer <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>,cq-contest@contesting.com, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Icom 7000 vs other HF/VHF/UHF rigs
From: Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:46:18 -0700
On Jan 30, 2008, at 8:46 AM, k4gun@comcast.net wrote:

> I love mine.  The voice keyer is really nice for roving.  Its fairly
> easy to use once you get used to it.  It does take some time to get
> everything figured out, but once you do, its no problem.
>
> I wont go into the DSP because you already seem to know, but I will
> just say the noise blanker alone is worth the cost.  Other than
> that, the display is pleasing to the eye and easy to see.  The auto
> and manual notch filters work very well.  I also get outstanding
> audio reports from other stations.  A common comment from some guys
> with high end audio is "Whatever settings you have are right.  Don't
> change a thing!"
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Steve
> K4GUN

Anyone driving transverters with one?  How is the connectivity?
Different pins for keying different bands (for pre-amps, etc.)?

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
nate@natetech.com

p.s. I'm not on all those other lists, so if they have moderators they
can choose to post this, otherwise the reply will go in the bit-
bucket, which is fine with me... too many lists already here...