[VHFcontesting] A new thought [was: rules]

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] A new thought [was: rules]
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 03:42:05 -0800 (PST)
Sadly, just as differences in appearance and speech tend to create racial
divides in society, differences in:

A. propagation
B. population
C. purpose

between HF and VHF tend to surface differences between the perceived needs and
expressed desires of the two contesting communities.

However, let us not forget that "monolithic" worlds quickly fracture into
sub-groups. In society, we call them "countries" or "neighborhoods" where
similarly appearing people group together.  In contesting, we call them
"categories".

George did a great job of outlining the things that are similar between HF and
VHF operating, yet the differences remain.  It is up to us to decide if these
differences are insurmountable.  I don't believe that they are, but I am only
one.

Simply food for thought.

Kind regards,
Ev, W2EV