Re: [VHFcontesting] Regulaton question

To: Bill Burgess <ve3cru@rac.ca>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Regulaton question
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 09:47:09 -0600 (CST)
I've heard stories about Rovers being kicked off hilltops by the Champaign
County (IL) police but I've never had it happen myself.  I've gotten a
couple strange looks as they drove by but they evidently didn't consider
me a threat or in violation of anything.

Now that my favorite VHF/microwaving hilltop in this area is on private
property, which I have permission to enter, I don't worry about that when
I'm there.

I've had other people stop to ask if I was tracking birds, chasing
tornadoes, etc.  They usually get interested in what I'm doing when I
explain. One old farmer sat and watched me work people for about 15
minutes in that big 6 meter opening in CQWW VHF in July of 06.

73, Zack W9SZ