[VHFcontesting] One thing I learned

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] One thing I learned
From: "Joe Serocki" <joeserocki@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:43:37 -0600
Don't sit under a water tower. I didn't give this any thought, but the top
of the water tower is prime space for antennas, and there was a whole lot of
intermod! Not sure who was using the systems, but 2m, 220, and 432 were very
noisy in spurts, and I had to work around these spurts to make contacts. I
think it was the local fire department, because it was quiet, then really
noisy for a while then it was quiet again.

Just a thought I wanted to share. I know Tom, K9TMS, sat under the same
water tower and didn't have similar results, maybe706's just are not as
sharp as his radios!

Joe Serocki, N9IFG

President, WeLCARS ( <http://welcars.org> http://welcars.org)

Advisor, Venture Crew 743 ( <http://743.no-ip.org> http://743.no-ip.org)