[VHFcontesting] WD4OAR ACTIVE AGAIN DURING JANUARY VHF ICEFEST FROMSE TN

To: VHF CONTESTING <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] WD4OAR ACTIVE AGAIN DURING JANUARY VHF ICEFEST FROMSE TN EM75
From: Rusty Boling <ae4bk@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 09:26:12 -0800 (PST)
WD4OAR is active from extreme Southeastern TN on Little Frog Mtn 3322 ft
elevation.  Will be active on the usual bands..6m, 2m, 432, and 1296.  This is
not our usual spot, but should still work out great.  Picked this spot due to
less chance of getting stuck on the mountain during the southern snow event.
Hopefully it will still work out great and we won't get snowed in or have
weather related antenna issues....73 and look our way!  Rusty NE4ME on behalf
of WD4OAR.

              In the councils of government, we must guard against the
acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the
militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced
power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination
endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for
granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper
meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our
peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower