[VHFcontesting] W9FZ/R will be roving after all!

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W9FZ/R will be roving after all!
From: "Bruce Richardson" <w9fz@w9fz.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 19:13:13 -0600
Hello:

I put my forestry commitments on hold and will get a dose of
RF after all.  Due to the Packer game, I expect Wisconsin to
become an RF hole after 2230Z on Sunday night.  I'll be down
off my last hill watching the kickoff.

It's wintertime so installing antennas and equipment is
always fraught with problems. I'm not taking 10G because
it's still broken.  I had to make last minute repairs to my
microwave IF rig and hope all is well. I see today that I
need to repair a 222 cable where the cable pulled out of the
connector. I should get that fixed in the next hour or so.

I'm out to have some fun and give out some grids. I hope I
can help you out with some QSO and Grid activity that helps
your score.

Saturday, I'll be at the grid corner that's WNW of Wausau,
WI.  Sunday, I'll be at the grid corner near Dodgeville, WI.

Saturday
EN-44  1800-2000Z
EN-45  2000-2200Z
EN-55  2300-0100Z
EN-54  0100-0300Z

(While I drive southward, I"ll be CQ'ing beaming south.
Please don't be put off if I can't peak you up off the sides
while in motion.)

Sunday

EN-42  1200-1400Z
EN-52  1400-1600Z
EN-53  1600-1800Z
EN-43  2000-2200Z (EN-43tq near Hillsboro, WI)

Notice that my moves will have to occur within the times
I've posted. It means I'll really only get about 1.5 hours
in each grid.

Cqing on 144.240.  Will carry you to .140 on most other
bands (probably 50.200 is exception)
6m, 2m, 222, 432, 903, 1296, and 2304.

No APRS unfortunately.

I hope I can help facilitate some Twin Cities to
Milwaukee/Chicago hookups. So if you hear the opposite end
and can't get their attention, mention it to me and I'll see
what I can do to help.  Also, I could use your help in
mentioning other rovers you worked recently and on what
freq. I'd like to try and work some of the other rovers out
there like KC0IYT and W9WLC and others.

73 and hope we all have some fun.

Bruce Richardson W9FZ