Re: [VHFcontesting] JT65 - WSJT

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] JT65 - WSJT
From: aa4zz@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 08:38:08 -0500
On July 8, 1957 KH6UK worked W6LNZ on 144 mhz. For the First Hawaii to
California 144 mhz contact. I have always thought this one of the greatest vhf
contacts of all time. However, we must note that each station picked the others
call off a known list of only one callsign on an arranged frequency and time.
The same could be said of the first amateur meteor scatter and EME QSO's. So we
either have to rewrite vhf history or acknowledge that pre knowledge of a
callsign does not invalidate the contact.

73 Paul AA4ZZ

PS I have never made a digital contact myself.