[VHFcontesting] FW: IRLP/Echolink/DStar contest ruling

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FW: IRLP/Echolink/DStar contest ruling
From: "Joe Serocki" <joeserocki@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 09:41:52 -0600
While I am not sure I agree or disagree with the ruling, this is the ruling
from On High.

I love IRLP but to be honest I think radio is radio and we as hams should be
focusing on a more global radio based infrastructure than being the slackers
we have been and using the commercially available landline based Internet.

Anyone remember the old days of the IP based packet networks? To me what is
the next step, using radio based networks to pass IP traffic over longer
distances.

Just my personal opinion.