Re: [VHFcontesting] Dumb question about Mirage amp

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Dumb question about Mirage amp
From: Ray J <ray@w9ray.org>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 14:43:48 -0600
The B-310 is marketed as a hand held amplifier...  250 mW to 8 watts max
input =100 watts out.

This is the CW or FM rating only... You Can Not run this amplifier at
100 watts on ssb,

this amp will only be linear up to about 60 watts or so.. and make lots
of splatter beyond that point.. you will be a very poor neighbor to any
other hams in the area with a 10kc wide ssb signal..

W9RAY