[VHFcontesting] 160m VHF SS Warmup Strategy

To: Stanford VHF email Remailer <VHF@w6yx.stanford.edu>,VHF Contesting eMail Remailer <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 160m VHF SS Warmup Strategy
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 05:42:12 -0800 (PST)
> CW skills are still essential to the VHF contester.  Hone yours in an
> event that mimics VHF contesting's Grid-based exchange...on 160
 meters!

> http://www.jzap.com/k7rat/stew.html

CW at "HF speeds" can be quite intimidating to VHFers who are used to slower
sppeds due to fading, marginal signals.  That being said, let's try to
establish a QRS (slow-speed CW) segment for the Stew Perry VHF SS Warmup
(ok...they call it the Top-band DX Challenge). :)

My 160 meter V-dipole is going up tomorrow (a modest stretch of wire, 40-feet
at apex).  Whe I call CQ, it will be above 1.855 MHz and will likely be 10 WPM
or less.  Anyone who replies faster will be asked to QRS ('cause I'm lame that
way).

VHFers...join me!  Use your favorite VHF logging program and submit a Cabrillo
log.  The scoring is done by their log-robot after submittal.

Ev, W2EV