Re: [VHFcontesting] 2008 ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes Rules

To: w0eea@sbbco.net
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 2008 ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes Rules
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 06:39:26 -0800
On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 07:03:30AM -0700, w0eea@sbbco.net wrote:

> > Pardon my obvious ignorance, but can someone please send me the link to
> > the
> > all-inclusive rules for the contest? The ARRL link
> > http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2008/jan-vhf-ss.html does not cover the
> > level of detail of which you guys are speaking.
> >

> Hi Joe,
>
> There is no one link to all the rules.  Having all the rules in one place is
> mainly what I was asking for in my previous message.

Yes - this is a bit of mess right now.

The ARRL contest rules were all split up some number of years
ago in an effort to save space when the rules were printed in
QST in each contest announcement.  This split up of the rules
is not useful on the web where there are not space constraints.

My understanding is that the ARRL has been looking and/or planning to

This will of course take some time and effort but I think it would be
a very good thing.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net