[VHFcontesting] 10 GHz & Up Contest - Southern Ontario Activity

To: mmwave@yahoogroups.com, OntVHFAssoc_reflector@yahoogroups.com,vhfcontesting@contesting.com, microwave@lists.valinet.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 10 GHz & Up Contest - Southern Ontario Activity
From: Steve Kavanagh <sjkavanagh1@yahoo.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 20:11:58 -0400 (EDT)
Saturday it looks like we will be mostly working
amongst ourselves with at least two stations (VE3NPB,
VE3FHM) on the north side of Lake Ontario, well
situated for more distant contacts as well - possible
sites include Kerns Rd(FN03bi), Georgetown
area(FN03aq), Star(FN03au), Orono(FN03rx/qx/FN04ra).
I'll be at various sites in the Niagara peninsula,
looking north (though if anyone were to be active
south and west of Buffalo I could get to a S/SE facing
site).  There will be two or three others active
(VE3TFU, VE3RKS, VE3CRU?)....not sure which side of
Lake Ontario they will choose.  Around 9 AM VE3NPB and
I will be at FN03df looking for FN25.

On Sunday I think we will all be east of Toronto
(primary site is FN14ba near Colborne, but there are
several other possible sites nearby).  It looks like I
will have a couple of NY stations in grids that could
complete my 24 GHz VUCC....crossing my fingers !  On
the way there it should be possible to try for FN25
from FN03ux or FN04ra.

There should be activity from perhaps 8:30 AM until
after dark both days.  I won't get to FN14ba until
late morning at best though.

All stations metioned have 10 GHz narrow band; VE3TFU
and VE3SMA have 24 GHz narrow band.  There are some
WBFM rigs floating about too.

Coordination on or near 144.260 MHz SSB.

73,
Steve VE3SMA

boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca