[VHFcontesting] Ft-100D -> Elecraft XV traansverter

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Ft-100D -> Elecraft XV traansverter
From: Tom Carney <tomc@carneysugai.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:02:04 -0700
I'm managed to borrow an Elecraft XV222 for the upcoming ARRL Sept
contest.  I would like to use my FT-100 as the IF for the transverter.

Anyone have some experience with any of the XV series and an FT-100?  It
looks like I can just set the hf output of the FT-100 to below 5w using
menu function 21 and I'm good to go.  Any problem with this approach?  I
know some rigs have an overshoot problem but not aware that the FT-100D
does.  Any thing else I should be concerned about?

73,

Tom  K6EU aka K6EU/R