Re: [VHFcontesting] APRS for rovers - does it help or hurt ?

To: VHF Contesting eMail Remailer <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] APRS for rovers - does it help or hurt ?
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 03:29:34 -0700 (PDT)
----- Original Message ----
I don't have a problem with it, but without widespread adoption it's
not something that's going to the top of my todo list for the Jitney.
SDR, reflocking, networking, etc are way above that :)

Of course, it's a chicken/egg thing.  People have tried HamIM (restrategiezed
APRS) and given up because they were the only ones to use it in their area.
Like anything it will take an effort to be a pioneer before benefit is found.

All I can say is that it works, if you just give it a chance.  On the other
hand, if no one else wants to give it a chance, then forget about it and move
on.  Most important, have fun.

Ev, W2EV