[VHFcontesting] CQ Test PNW Perspective

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, pnwvhfs@googlegroups.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CQ Test PNW Perspective
From: Paul Kiesel <k7cw@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 08:45:00 -0700 (PDT)
Saturday was a general shutout for us, with the
exception of KL7 stations (KL7NO had an exceptionally
strong signal) in the evening and QSOs with local
grids.

Sunday was different. We got a scattering of grids in
the Rocky Mountain and Great Plains regions. We had
one concentrated opening to the area south of the
Great Lakes, which was what saved the contest for us.
The rest of the contacts were to local grids and a
couple of meteor scatter contacts to California.

Later in the Sporadic-E season, the propagation tends
to favor higher latitude grids. The results fitted the
mold this year, as well.

Grids worked in each field:

CM - 1
CN - 12