Re: [VHFcontesting] HF nets for VHF activity?

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] HF nets for VHF activity?
From: steve d <kc8qvo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:37:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hmm. Well what does everyone think I should do for an HF frequency? I  can run
all bands - including 60m. Im not sure if 60m would be  appropriate, though. It
is a new band and not everyone is going to have  access to it. On the other
hand - its channelized. It wont be too hard  to stick to one or two channels
HI.

  My original thought was to have a frequency on 20 and 40. 40 wouldnt be  good
from evening through the night, though - too much QRM from the  broadcasters
(Im a general, so I have to stay above 7.225 on sideband).  75 wouldnt be very
good, either. Thats the trash can of the ham bands  and just about everyone is
running a kw or more. 40 would be good  during the day, though, which is when I
would be most active - say,  anywhere between 1500 and 0200utc. 20m could be
used if 40 is too  short.

  Steve, KC8QVO