[VHFcontesting] K8GP - ARRL June VHF 2007 recap

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K8GP - ARRL June VHF 2007 recap
From: "Grid Pirates Contest Group" <k8gp2007@k8gp.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 03:03:08 +0000
Good Day All,

If you read only one ARRL June 2007 VHF contest recap article this
year, let it be:

http://www.k8gp.net/?page_id=87

And a BIG thanks to all who worked us across the bands this past VHF
contest.  The Grid Pirates want to report they had an excellent
weekend, aside from some heavy rain that pushed through Friday
afternoon and early evening.   We had a relatively small crew this
year.  4 on Wed & Thurs and 6 on Fri for setup; 9 on Sat. and 8 on
Sun. for operating; and 7 Monday for tear down.  We had a number of
issues prior to and during the contest, but we managed to resolve and
recover from those  On the positive side, the wx was spectacular Sat.
through Mon. We had the MP3 recorders working across all the bands and
managed to capture a number of hours of audio.  See the article noted
above to see pictures and videos, as well as hear the propagation and
activity over the weekend as experienced from K8GP - Spruce Knob, WV
(FM08fq) 4,863'.

For those who just want to see some pictures, below are some direct
links into our June 2007 contest album:

Friday storm and wall cloud:
http://www.k8gp.net/wp/v/contests/200706-JunQP/wall-cloud-k8gp-2.jpg.html

Sunset after the storm Friday:
http://www.k8gp.net/wp/v/contests/200706-JunQP/sunset-8.jpg.html

K8GP site Sat. morn pre-contest:
http://www.k8gp.net/wp/v/contests/200706-JunQP/k8gp-5.jpg.html

K8GP 50 & 432 MHz under a starry sky Sat eve:
http://www.k8gp.net/wp/v/contests/200706-JunQP/PICT2111.JPG.html

K8GP uWave's & 144 MHz under a starry sky Sat eve:
http://www.k8gp.net/wp/v/contests/200706-JunQP/PICT2117.JPG.html

The K8GP June 2007 VHF tear down crew:
http://www.k8gp.net/wp/v/contests/200706-JunQP/PICT2265.JPG.html

Some WX, propagation and grid maps that tell it all:
http://www.k8gp.net/wp/v/contests/200706-JunQP/fronts-2007-06-10-1230.gif.html
http://www.k8gp.net/wp/v/contests/200706-JunQP/HepburnTropo-2007-06-09.jpg.html
http://www.k8gp.net/wp/v/stats/200706/k8gp-jun07_log_144.png.html

Check it all out and more at:
http://www.k8gp.net/

73 and hope to hear you in the Sept. 2007 VHF contest!

K8GP Grid Pirates Contest Group
& Delmarva VHF and Microwave Society