[VHFcontesting] 50.125 ..yes, but what about 144.200?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 50.125 ..yes, but what about 144.200?
From: "Tim Coad" <timcoad@excite.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 22:51:58 -0400 (EDT)
There might be a problem with 50.125... but the one that bugs me is the problem
where people are glued to 144.200 during the contest.

Here in the SF bay area you can call CQ for 1/2 hour on 144.190 or 144.210 and
not have a SINGLE answer...then move to 144.200 and get a pile up during the
contest.

We all have VFOs dont we...? It is like the "good" old days with 4 qsos going
on at a time on 146.52...

And tell me, why do some people work a new station and move them to the calling
frequency on another band...if you are moving a station, I would not move them
to 50.125 or 144.200, if you do chances are you are moving them on top of 2 or
3 QSOs already in progress...

But yes, I think I like the advice someone gave, we need to lighten up and be
happy to hear people on the bands...I'd rather hear 4 simultaneuos Q's on
144.200 than none. If thats the way it HAS to be...

Tim - NU6S
CM87