[VHFcontesting] EDZ antennas for portable use

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] EDZ antennas for portable use
From: n3aws@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 00:11:05 -0400
Does anyone have experience with EDZ antennas for 6 meters as a portable
antenna?  I'm contemplating one to use instead of a dipole.  It should give
some gain if oriented correctly without the complexity of a beam.  Since the
location I'm thinking of probably won't require rotating the antenna to hit the
population centers in a contest, I think the EDZ might be an interesting
experiment.

73,

Jim N3AWS

Currently deployed in SW Asia, but hope to be back and on the air for the June
ARRL QSO Party!