[VHFcontesting] 2007 SVHFS Conference - Antenna Building Competition

To: "'VHF Contesting eMail Remailer'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2007 SVHFS Conference - Antenna Building Competition
From: "Jim Worsham" <wa4kxy@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:43:16 -0500
ANNOUNCING - the 2007 SVHFS Conference Antenna Building Competition!!

- The design frequency for the 2007 Conference is 2304.1 MHz.

- Antennas should be fabricated using any 6? by 12? or smaller piece of
single
  or double-sided printed circuit board material.  An equivalent substrate
  (glass, Plexiglas, etc.) with copper foil tape attached may be
substituted.

- The intent of the contest is to promote home-brew design and construction.

- The antenna may have as many or as few elements as desired.

- Elements must be made of copper foil or an equivalent material that lies
  flat upon the substrate.

- Interface connector should be BNC or type N.

- Antennas may not be used as a feed for a dish, though multiple reflector
  elements are legal if they don't extend beyond the stated maximum size. We
  are looking for any configuration which will fit on the circuit board
  material. Multiple driven elements are legal.  The board need not remain
  flat in its operating position.

- Antennas will be mounted for range tests via a
  non-conducting "SVHFS-grabber" which holds the board at one or more
points.

- The antennas will be measured against one another on the antenna range at
  the Southeastern VHF Society Conference in Atlanta GA on April 27, 2007. A
  certificate for the Circuit Board antenna with the highest measured gain
  will be awarded at the banquet.

If you do not have circuit board material available, I can provide a
suitable piece for the cost of postage (until my supply runs out!).

Any questions should be addressed to me [al@tirevold.net]. All questions and
answers will be added to the web site.

WE NEED VOLUNTEERS to help with range operation. ?We will try to run two
ranges simultaneously this year - Let's get the word out and get some more
folks involved!!  Contact me [al@tirevold.net] to volunteer.

The antenna range operation guide and these rules will be posted on the
SVHFS web site.  This year, a sign-in form at the site will be used to
record all entries and help the operations team to make sure that all
entrties have been processed.

For further information about the 2.3 GHz Circuit Board Antenna Competition
and the Annual Technical Conference that the Southeastern VHF Society
sponsors, please visit our website at www.svhfs.org

See you all there!!

73,

Al, WA0HQQ