[VHFcontesting] No Rover Flaw [was: The Rover Flaw]

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] No Rover Flaw [was: The Rover Flaw]
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 07:15:39 -0800 (PST)
Guys, there is no "rover flaw".  You are limiting your creativity by assuming
rules that don't exist.  APRS (as it is, without the HamIM strategy overlayed)
is PERFECTLY legal to be used during VHF contests (hopefully, I got your
attention)....

...if the contest sponsor does NOT control: (1) assistance or (2) use of non
amateur means of communication -- these are the issues at play.

If the sponsor DOES, then apply the HamIM strategy and keep having fun.

Note: Assistance = Digipeating, non-amateur means of communication = IGates

Note: I have used it for the ARRL 10-GHz contest openly (even said so in my
post-contest ARRL-posted contest comments!).

Note: The Spring Sprints (go, John, go!) place NO restriction on these two
items.  USE APRS, AS IT IS!  The Spring Sprints RULE! (as does the ARRL 10-GHz
Contest, btw.)

Ev, W2EV