Re: [VHFcontesting] Quick APRS comment

To: "Rogers, Ron" <RR124640@ncr.com>, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Quick APRS comment
From: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 14:24:39 -0800 (PST)
And I think the continued focus on APRS and FM by many
local clubs as "real ham radio" eventually leads to
many leaving the hobby.  The only thing they get
elmered in is FM and packet, which are OK, but I
wouldn't want to limit myself to those two modes. Many
who do eventually get bored and move on, never
realizing what all they missed out on .

73s John W5TD