[VHFcontesting] W4NH Grids On 2 Meters

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W4NH Grids On 2 Meters
From: "Jim Worsham" <wa4kxy@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:53:30 -0500
I have just heard from NX9O, our official log guy.  I was wrong about
working 100 grids on 2 during a contest.  The largest number of grids we
have worked on 2 meters during a context in the last 10 years (while using
W4NH) was 69 in September 1997 operating from Bald Knob in FM07.  More
recently, we worked 66 grids on 2 from our present location (Soco Bald in
EM85) in June 2005. We run stacked K2RIWs, 1000 Watts TX, low noise preamp
on RX, etc. so we are pretty serious.  Bottom line is, Gene is right,
working 100 grids on 2 meters during a contest is really hard.  Anyone who
does should get an award for just that.  Thanks to NX9O for straightening me
out.

73
Jim, W4KXY