Re: [VHFcontesting] vucc rules

To: Gregg Seidl <k9kl@centurytel.net>, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] vucc rules
From: "Walter O'Brien, W2WJO" <w2wjo@walterobrien.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:04:35 -0500
The rule states that: 6. For VUCC awards on 50 through 1296 MHz and
Satellite, all contacts must be made from locations no more than
200km apart. For SHF awards, contacts must be made from a single
location, defined as within a 300-meter diameter circle.

So, it is 200km for 50 through 1296, but it's not just a circle
around one QTH.

If you choose QTH #1, QTH #2 must be within a 200km RADIUS circle
around QTH #1.

BUT each subsequent QTH must also be less than 200km from any other QTH!

So, QTH #2 can be anywhere within that circle, but QTH #3 has to be
within the circle and not more than 200km apart from QTH #2! In other
words, QTH #2 and QTH #3 cannot be on opposite perimeters of that
first circle, or they would be 400km apart!

It gets more complicated to define the shapes as you add QTH's, but
as long as none are more than 200km away from any other, you're good.
Seems like odd language, but I guess it means you don't actually have
to choose a "HOME" QTH.

73 Walter W2WJO