Re: [VHFcontesting] LOTW general log question

To: kevin kaufhold <kkaufhold@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] LOTW general log question
From: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:42:45 -0500
Kevin,

I've loaded every QSO made from my current QTH (something approaching
300K QSOs), both HF and VHF, contest and non-contest, and never had LoTW
ask for a contest type.  I suspect this is because I'm uploading the
logs in ADIF format, while you may be using Cabrillo.  ADIF uses "tags"
associated with each piece of data to identify what is is, while
Cabrillo implies the identification of the data through the format of
the contest.

If possible, try using an ADIF file to upload and I don't think you'll
have this issue.

Dave/K8CC