[VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Sprint Report - K9JK/R

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Sprint Report - K9JK/R
From: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <k9jk73@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 00:31:02 -0500
222 MHz Sprint Report - K9JK/R

By Grid visited (and this is probably going to align differently in YOUR
font than as I've "tried" to do it).
Grid     Qs    Mults
EN51    5       3
EN52   10      8
EN61    7       4
EN62     9      6
Total   31     21    =   651

Highlights...light on activity as I wrapped it up a little after 9:30pm, but
their appeared to be some slight enhancement to the east at the beginning of
the contest since I worked EN71 (K9EA, twice), EN81 (K8WW, twice), EN82
(K8MD) and EN91 (KC8QAE) between 7 and 8 pm (from EN52 and EN62). At my
first stop in EN52, I HEARD W3KWH, from EN90, quite strong on CW but had
forgotten to grab my key and I couldn't get their attention calling on
sideband. Since my first stop was EN52, I WAS able to stop back by the home
QTH to get my key, but never heard them again. After getting the key, while
driving in EN52 headed toward EN62, I HEARD N9LR, from EN50 on CW, but the
antenna was not pointed at him and traffic was a bit busy...by the time I
got to EN62 and set up, couldn't find him again.

EN64 was a welcome addition as K9KL is getting his station back on the air,
only managed to make it three times with Gregg, though, couldn't find him
when I got to EN51.

Stations worked from all 4 were N9DG, N9TF (on FM), W9BBB (also FM) and
W9GA. K9KL was my only "three-peat" and, besides K8WW and K9EA, the only
other "two-fers" were KB9Q and K9UHF.

EN53 was the active grid in this event, with 5 different stations providing
11 of my 31 total QSOs. I provided the EN51 and EN62 multipliers to 10
different stations but didn't manage to find anyone to work in those grids
myself. I also would have missed getting EN61 and EN52 from all of my stops
had I not thought to check FM where I found N9TF and W9BBB.

Again, thanks to ALL who were on and to the SVHFS for their sponsorship of
the Fall VHF & Up Sprint series.

73, JK