[VHFcontesting] 144 MHz Sprint Report - K9JK/R

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 144 MHz Sprint Report - K9JK/R
From: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <k9jk73@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 23:16:49 -0500
144 MHz Sprint Report - K9JK/R

The contest period just ended (in CDT) but I've been "done" since just
before 9:30 pm local.

By Grid visited (and this is probably going to align differnetly in YOUR
font than as I've "tried" to do it).
Grid     Qs    Mults
EN52   15      9
EN51    8       6
EN61    8       4
EN62   11      6
Total   42     25    =   1050

Highlights...a decent amount of "local" activity, despite being up againt
the TV season premieres of "Deal or No Deal" and "CSI:Miami" (in Rio). As
far as conditions...maybe some slight enhancement...and definitely better
than the conditions during the Sept. QSO Party. I made contacts with several
stations from all 4 and 3 out of the 4 Grids I visited.

Good paths up to EN44 with K9MU (3 times...Thanks Justin), and also got over
to EM89 with K8TQK (3 times as well...Thanks Bob. Also nabbed K9AKS in EN41,
K8EB in EN73 and W9THD in EN71 (just once each, but Thanks just the same).

Stations worked from all 4 were N9DG (thanks for EN53, Duane), N9DSJ, N9TZL.
Other "three-peats" were KC9JTQ, N9JBW and WA9FPT.

Thanks to ALL who were on and to the SVHFS for their sponsorship of the Fall
VHF & Up Sprint series.

73, JK