[VHFcontesting] MICROWAVE UPDATE 2006 ACHIEVEMENT AWARD

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] MICROWAVE UPDATE 2006 ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
From: k8tqk <k8tqk@horizonview.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 23:55:32 -0400
MICROWAVE UPDATE 2006 ACHIEVEMENT AWARD

We will be presenting our first annual "Microwave Achievement Award" at
this years Microwave Update, October 19-22, 2006.  We are now accepting
nominations
for this award. The deadline for nominations is September 30.

This award is being presented in memory of Earl Price, W8MGJ.  Earl
designed, constructed and operated microwave systems.  According to Earl's
son, Terry
Price, K8ISK, Earl was an exemplary Elmer to all microwave enthusiasts!  He
consistently showed outstanding achievement on the microwave bands.  There
was never a question or problem that he didn't cheerfully address for his
fellow hams.

Following Earl's example, we are looking for nominees that are active on
the microwave bands, show technical prowess, and are Elmers to other hams
in the
microwave community.  All amateurs are eligible, Novice through Extra.  Do
you know an outstanding amateur in your club, community, or from on-the-air
contacts?  If so, gather your support materials and submit your nominee by
completing the "Microwave Achievement Award" application found on the web site
at
www.microwaveupdate.org.

A winner will be decided by the Awards Committee, based upon the
information received, not the number of nominations submitted.  Magazine
articles, newsletters,
newspaper clippings, videos, testimonials, etc. will better inform the
Awards Committee about your nominee. These materials become the property of the
committee and will not be returned.

Please scan all of your supporting documents and attach them to an email
addressed to awards@microwaveupdate.org.  Please make sure that your name is in
the "subject" field so that we can easily match your email with the
submitted online form.
You can mail to: Awards, 73 Landrum Road, Bainbridge, Ohio 45612.

This "Microwave Achievement Award" will be presented at the Microwave
Update Banquet and is co-sponsored by the Midwest VHF UHF Society and Mid
America
Microwave Society.

If you have any questions or comments about the award, please email
awards@microwaveupdate.org.