Re: [VHFcontesting] 144.200

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 144.200
From: Alex <extraham@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:05:31 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Changed digest subject line.

George Kangas wrote:

>I think we should allow contacts on the FM simplex calling channels as they
>also are very quiet and it would maybe get some of the users of multi mode
>radios to get some exposure to contesting and maybe to SSB also.

I would love to introduce some of these folks on .52 FM to contesting during a
contesting weekend when there's actually some activity. It's amazing how many
people in my town are active on .52.  When there was a discussion about .52 not
being active in the area, a lot of folks switched to simplex. The introduction
of a few echolink simplex nodes helped quite a bit, too. On any given night
(except during a net time) I hear more activity on simplex FM, especially .52,
than on all of the 34 repeaters in my area together.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com