Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL June VHF QSO Party

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL June VHF QSO Party
From: Alex <extraham@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 07:34:54 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Zack Widup wrote:

>No, the power limit is 10 watts.  Many "true QRPer's" contest this, but it
>is what the ARRL rules state.

I guess that's why the ARRL doesn't call it QRP. It would be inconsistent with
HF rules where they do consider QRP to be a maximum of 5 Watts.

Why is there no QRP category, anyway? What's wrong with making operating QRP
from a home station a bit more interesting?

Not that it really matters down here in SC. I'm already happy to make 5
contacts (assuming there's no propagation) in a weekend. :-)

73,
--Alex KR1ST (EM92wx)
http://www.kr1st.com