[VHFcontesting] June contest

To: nimrods@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] June contest
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 10:15:26 -0500 (CDT)
It looks sure now that I will be operating QRP Portable from a hill in
EN50rl.  Great site, full 360 degree view of horizon. It's a 45 minute
drive from where I live.  I'll probably leave mid-morning on Saturday and
have everything set up (all bands 50 through 10368 MHz) by contest start.
I plan on being there till mid-morning on Sunday and then probably back
again Sunday evening till the contest ends. That depends on the weather.

Hopefully the weather is dry.  I can handle the mosquitoes and coyotes I
think.  :)

The Hepburn forecast for my area looks really promising for the weekend.
I  hope the prediction comes true.

Equipment - all homebrew transverters and antennas -
50 - 10 watts to 3 el. Yagi
144 - 10 watts to 6 el. long-boom Yagi
222 - 10 watts to 8 el. long-boom Yagi
432 - 10 watts to 15 el. Yagi
903 - 10 watts to 18 el. loop Yagi
1296 - 10 watts to 24 el. loop Yagi
2304 - 1 watt to 20-inch dish or 2 X 3 ft rectangular dish
3456 - 1 watt to same dish as above
5760 - 1 watt to same dish
10368 - 200 mW to same dish

I hope to work many of you this weekend.

73, Zack W9SZ