[VHFcontesting] 6m Spring Sprints

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com, gmc@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 6m Spring Sprints
From: Bruce Herrick <bdh@teleport.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 12:55:04 -0600
Call:  WW1M/R

Location - 2 spots on Flagstaff Mountain, Boulder, CO.

 From DN70 - 6Qs, 2 Grids
 From DM79 - 6Qs, 3 Grids

Total score - 60 points

Rig:  TS690S @ 50W, single KB6KQ loop, Honda CR-V

Heard K0RI on my way up the mountain, but he was gone when I got there.
  Worked 5 locals at the beginning.  Moved 2 miles to the other grid; 4
of those locals were never heard from again.  Thanks to those who did
get on.  Heard N0KE near Silt weakly, but no QSO.  Heard brief bursts
from a couple of 5-landers; no luck there either.

At the DM79 location, as other cars came around the corner and saw me,
they immediately hit the binders to get back to the 45 MPH posted limit.
  Never realized a Honda CR-V with a KQ loop on a 6' mast looked like a
police car with radar :)

Bottom line:  The best I've ever done in this contest from CO in the
past has been 1 Q, 1 G, 1 point.  This was a 60X improvement!

73,

Bruce WW1M