Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest Tweaks?

To: radiosporting@yahoo.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest Tweaks?
From: "Bill Olson" <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 19:47:01 +0000
I agree with Ev that any changes in qso points would meet with a LOT of
resistance.. But, speaking of the "physics" of the communication circuit,
here's what we notice at K1WHS when we work some of the well equipped all
band rover stations: Signals are often STRONGER on the higher frequencies
and almost always worse on 6M.. That's not to say it's not HARDER to make
the Q on the microwaves sometimes due to factors like sharp antennas,
frequency error, etc.. but microwave stations invariably have more antenna
gain than VHF (like who's using a 4 element beam on 5760?) which often MORE
THAN makes up for the increased path loss..

Anyway, as usual, I say leave it alone..

bill, K1DY