[VHFcontesting] Icom 706 (6/2m all mode) for trade

To: "ICOM Reflector" <icom@mailman.qth.net>, <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>,<vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Icom 706 (6/2m all mode) for trade
From: "John Geiger" <ne0p@lcisp.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 21:49:44 -0000
I have for trade an Icom 706 original transceiver that works fine on 6 meters
(100 watts) and 2 meters (10 watts), but the HF side is out.  Not sure what is
wrong with HF on it.  It makes a great 6m/2m all mode radio, though.  It comes
with the mic, 2 power cords, manual, box, and copy of service manual on CD.
The case has some scratches on it, but the face looks good.  This is a good way
to get on 6 meter and 2 meter SSB.  I would trade this for a Yaesu FT8900R quad
band FM mobile.  I would also consider a Kenwood TM741/742 with the six meter
module, or a Standard C5900.

73s John NE0P